Poor water quality can affect every aspect of your life. Not only can it increase the wear and tear on your appliances, but it can also negatively affect your health. While Lancaster, OH, has some of the best water in the state, it's still a good idea to invest in a water filtration system.
At Joe's Drain Cleaning, LLC, our licensed plumbers have the expertise to help you choose the best water filtration system for your home, ensuring you get high-quality water for decades to come.
Have hard water too? Opt for a water softener and filtration combo system!
Types of Whole-Home Water Filtration Systems
There are hundreds of different ways to filter water. Which one you choose will depend a lot on the type of filtration you want to achieve. There are three main types of filtration, each removing a different type of contaminant from water: biological, chemical, and mechanical filtration.
The most common types of home water filtration systems include:
- Charcoal filters remove particulates, as well as some chemicals from water.
- Reverse osmosis is one of the few methods that removes biological, particulate, and chemical contaminants.
- UV filters remove biological material, such as bacteria.
- Catalytic water filters remove specific toxins from water using special resin bead coatings.
Maintaining Your Filtration System
While the specifics of your system will decide what type of maintenance is required, the general idea is the same. Every filter needs some form of upkeep, which you can do yourself or hire an expert plumber to do for you. When you work with us, we’ll check your entire water system and catch any issues before small problems get worse.
- Reverse osmosis filters use a membrane that must be cleaned regularly. If the membrane tears or wears out, a certified plumber has to replace it.
- UV filters use special bulbs that burn out from time to time.
- Carbon filters need to be cleaned or replaced a few times a year.
Our water filtration maintenance plans are the easiest way to ensure your system is always working at peak performance—leave the work to us!
Get better water in your Lancaster business with our commercial plumbing services.
Common Issues with Water Filtration Systems
Most water filtration problems are a result of improper maintenance. Dirty filters or membranes can put a lot of pressure on a filtration system, which can cause it to fail sooner than expected. Just like every other plumbing appliance, you have to maintain your filtration system to get maximum use out of it.
That's why we stress the importance of regular maintenance so much. It drastically reduces the chance you’ll have to call us for water filtration system repairs.